A noun is a name of a person, animal, place or thing. It may also name a feeling or idea.
Kinds of noun:
1. Proper noun is a name of a particular person or thing.
2. Common noun is a common name to person, place or things of the same kind.
3. Abstract noun is a name of some state, quality, feeling or idea that we can think of or feel but not touch or see.
4. Collective noun is a collection of persons or things taken together and spoken of as a whole.
5. Countable noun is a noun which can be represented through Numbers.
6. Uncountable noun is a noun which cannot be represented through numbers but has to be measured or weighted.